Creations Made with a Mom's Love

Friday, July 22, 2011

Rainy day projects


Today it was raining when we got up so I decided it was a good day to get some projects done. 
 Brian and I are discussing what design we are going to do for Emily's big girl bed. Hence the previous post.  I am trying to come up with a complete picture of what I want her room to look like.  I need to figure out fabric first so I decided to start with a pillow.
Brian built Caleb's big boy bed so the same goes for Emily.  I just need to draw him up some plans and he goes to work.  It has saved us a lot of money and we get a sturdy bed that the kids can't break.
  
 Here is my first pillow, I have the next one cut and laid out waiting for completion.


I also decided to make a skirt out of some fabric that I had left from a skirt I was going to make for myself.  I don't like throwing things away so I re purposed it.  Not bad if I do say so myself!

Not bad work for a rainy day.


2 comments:

  1. I'm planning on buying a cheap crib bumper on cragslist and covering it with new fabric for baby boy's bed. I may enlist your help!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good to me, let me know! I love reusing things and when I get a deal on it, I am on cloud nine!

    ReplyDelete